Friday, April 18, 2014

Dream



I've been seeing all of these cards lately where the die cuts are "nested" in the card.  I just LOVE that look!  It adds such interest to a one layer card, I think.  I decided to try this with the Windy Tree Die from Taylored Expressions.  It was a little tricky with this die because there are separate little leaves that are SO tiny, but I was able to make it work.

The first thing I did was die cut the tree out of the card.  Instead of diecutting another tree, I used the piece that I die cut and colored it using Copic markers since I wanted the leaves to be a different color than the trunk.  Once I colored the tree, I inserted it back into the die cut space.  Next I carefully colored and inserted the tiny separate leaves.  Once the tree was finished, I die cut "dream" from the front of the card.  I die cut "dream" again from black cardstock and inserted the black one in the die cut space. 

I love the way it turned out!  I'm not sure how well you can see in the pictures, but in real life, it is a very neat effect to have the tree and sentiment embedded in the card.  :)  Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter!

SUPPLIES USED:


  
   



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is perfect Charlie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails